Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cinnamon Cookies

So this is my first time after 6 years, to bake cookies.  But I actually made half from the original recipe just to be sure that I won't be wasting a huge amount of ingredients in case I won't succeed :D This is just a plain cinnamon cookie recipe, no icing, no choco chips. I was actually a bit hesitant to bake but when I was able to taste it, I think it's kind of good (laugh). I'll wait for my husband to taste it and give his own judgment :D  By the way, here's the recipe: 






Plain Cinnamon Cookies
Ingredients:
 2 1/2 cups APF
3/4 cups butter, softened
2 eggs
3/4 cups white sugar
1/8 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp iodized salt

Procedure:
1. Heat oven toaster for 10 minutes or 350F.  In a large bowl mix in sugar, butter, 
    cinnamon  powder, salt and vanilla.
2. Beat the eggs, stir and blend well.
3. Mix flour and baking soda then chill for an hour.
4. On a floured surface, roll the dough and cut (If you don't have cookie cutters, you can 
    use anything that can help you cut the dough like a bottle or a small cup).
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.

This is what I wanted to give my friends and family on Christmas. Made with love and less costly. Tomorrow I'll be baking some more and I'll put some decorations (icing).


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...