Friday, October 29, 2010

I Will Miss This..

My daughter has turned four months today. I don't know why but I am feeling sad. Well maybe because I know the time flies so fast, and one moment she's just a baby, another moment she'll be a lady! I often think of the nine months I carried her in my womb, how I crave for foods I don't even lay eyes onto before. My pregnancy taught me a lot of things.I learned to eat fruits like apple, grapes, mango, watermelon and pineapple. I only drink fruit shakes but not the raw ones. I wish I could turn back times when I wanted to. So I could go back to the moments that makes me wanna stay there forever. I wish my baby would just remain a baby so I could always cuddle her, play with her, teach her how to walk again and again. But that's just impossible! She would  still grow, study, have a boyfriend and get married. A fact of life that is. Even though I am excited to see her grow, I still am having a sad feeling of seeing it that ways. Whenever I see a movie where there's a woman giving birth to a child, I always go back to the moment I gave birth. And it makes my eyes teary.  I guess this is what motherhood is all about. Once in a while you'll find  yourself reminiscing. I have carried a baby in my body. I have comforted a baby on my chest. I have kissed booboos, been puked, peed & pooped on. Woke up to a hungry baby,stayed up all night with a sick baby. But I wouldn't have it any other way. My body isn't magazine perfect but when I look in the mirror, I see a mom. And there is no greater honor or blessing than being your mom.

One day, you will know what I mean when your time comes to have your own family.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...