Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Wait Is Over!

After 9 months of much anticipation and excitements, the wait is over! I gave birth to a sweet princess  last June 28, 2010 at 11:42 pm in UPHS. It was not an easy journey for me. After 9 hours of continued walking and two shots of oxytocin for my cervix to open, still no luck. My obstetrician told me that a ceasarian section will be performed if after another two hours will pass and my cervix would still not open. It was horrible! I was expecting to have a normal delivery! I have a lot of plans after giving birth!

Well, It's not for me to decide, and I don't want to compromise the safety of my baby. So have no choice but to have a c-section. While in the OR, I was praying that the three doctors that are with me in the other room where my baby's heart beat was monitored for two hours would still be with me when the surgery happens. I don't know why. Maybe because for two hours they're with me? And that I know they can be an alternative view of my husband who's outside the OR because he's not allowed? Maybe.

Alas! My baby's cry was a sweet sound from heaven for me. The wait is over, I saw her, her eyes closed. And I knew at that very moment, there's a connection. She's mine, I gave birth for the first time. And it's a miracle! I have loved every pain, (and the weight gain) and every moment that I'm waiting for her. Everything is worth it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...