Tuesday, April 19, 2011

7 Royal Questions On Tuesday #4







The Give and Take Meme

"We've all been givers. We've all been takers. Is it better to give than to receive? Hmmm.....always a question up for debate. Depends on the circumstance I suppose. Who wrote that line anyway? Quite possibly the person who didn't get what he gave. Or maybe a selfless soul full of true righteousness.  Maya Angelou wrote that "giving liberates the soul of the giver."  I would tend to agree. Another favorite quote of mine on the subject is by Khalil Gibran: "Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need."
 
What are our motivations for giving? And what, pray ye, will ye take? That is my question."
picture source @ Mimi Lenox
1. IS it better to give than to receive? for me yes, there's a different feeling in when giving and when receiving..

2. Can you name a special or unique gift you've received? What made it special to you?  I treat every gifts I receive as 'special'  that's how I do it while growing up..

3. What does it mean to "give of yourself?" give without any other motives or reason aside from because that person is special to you..

4. Tell us something you once took that you wish you could give back. haha! a pants and a tee..

5. Have you ever been robbed of something that changed the course of your life?yes, I was robbed of my time and my hope for 7 years of waiting that didn't come.. (and that's really meant to be answered like that LOL)

6. If you could give one thing to the people that you love most and give it in abundance, what would it be?my time, understanding and overflowing love..

7.  When is the last time you GAVE yourself a good talking to? everyday :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Nice! That's how I felt about no. 3 too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...