Friday, March 25, 2011

Fixing Things At Home

This afternoon the toy that makes sound that's attached on my daughter's walker has worn out and makes an annoying continuous sound. I have two options then. One is to remove the battery and wait for my husband to come home soo he could fix it. The other option is for me to fix it. And of course I chose option 2. I remember when I was in high school, my teacher in one of my subjects then asked if we should depend on men doing and fixing things at home. I answered no. What if like us, my dad and my youngest brother are the only men in the family of six, what if they live abroad? What will happen to the rest of us then? I know that we cannot really be 'equal' to men in terms of physical abilities but hey! We can learn what men can do (although admittedly, not all). So I gave my shot in fixing my baby's toy. I'm no novice when it comes to fixing things like this at home. And whenever I do something like this, I kind of feel proud of myself :) My mom had taught me a lot of great thing. "Learning to fix things" is one of them. So I told myself that when I grow up, I have to have the things that we have at home like hammer, saw, screw drivers and other necessary thing. One day, when my daughter grow up, I have to tell her that she too, needs to learn to fix things and not always depend on her father or her husband.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...