Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Anniversary Diary Of The Forgotten Princess!


My blog turned two today. Wow. I can't believe (can I) that I've been able to keep my blog. When I started blogging a couple of years ago, I only blog about quotes, what I was feeling for that day, what happened to my students and my teaching, and some paper scraps that I took photos (very bad photos).

It's a fact that blogs needs to be nurtured, if not everyday. It needs attention, focus and goal. A trial and error time will come. Don't blog for the sake of blogging. You need to have the passion to write. There are many prompts on the net available for bloggers to use. I myself do the NaBloPoMo daily prompts (although they don't have Saturday and Sunday prompts), and I joined some friends from Scrap Matters courtesy of Heather on her 15 day prompts each month. To personally evaluate our blog, ask yourselves these questions:

1. Am I providing good quality content?
2. Am I trying to sell something in my blog post more often than educating with them?
3. Am I consistent in my blogging?
4. Am I passionate about my topic?
5. Are my posts proofread for grammatical errors and typos?
6. Am I making effort to market my blog?
7. Am I getting bogged down in research?
8. Is my blog design bad?
9. Is my blog easy to read?
10. Am I nice to my visitors?

**questions from Your word your voice


Thanks to all the friends who encourage me to join their memes LOL! and for the new friends I gained (e-friends). I hope to be here until blogger.com stops working :)

4 comments:

Denise said...

New follower from Super Stalker Sunday. I'm glad you wrote this article too. I will find it helpful since I am very new to blogging. I hope you follow back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com

Beautifully Forgiven, Kortney said...

Awww! Happy blog anniversary! Thanks so much for following Kortney's Krazy Life! I'm here to return the favor! Have a great evening!

Denise said...

Thanks for following me back. I am in twitter @DeniseLillaRose and I have facebook too http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose I have no idea how to put twitter and facebook buttons on my blog. I will ask my blog assistant! Thanks for offering to follow me outside of my blog. I appreciate it and I will do the same for you!

alphalava said...

Happy anniversary!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...