Monday, May 9, 2011
Happy Anniversary Diary Of The Forgotten Princess!
My blog turned two today. Wow. I can't believe (can I) that I've been able to keep my blog. When I started blogging a couple of years ago, I only blog about quotes, what I was feeling for that day, what happened to my students and my teaching, and some paper scraps that I took photos (very bad photos).
It's a fact that blogs needs to be nurtured, if not everyday. It needs attention, focus and goal. A trial and error time will come. Don't blog for the sake of blogging. You need to have the passion to write. There are many prompts on the net available for bloggers to use. I myself do the NaBloPoMo daily prompts (although they don't have Saturday and Sunday prompts), and I joined some friends from Scrap Matters courtesy of Heather on her 15 day prompts each month. To personally evaluate our blog, ask yourselves these questions:
1. Am I providing good quality content?
2. Am I trying to sell something in my blog post more often than educating with them?
3. Am I consistent in my blogging?
4. Am I passionate about my topic?
5. Are my posts proofread for grammatical errors and typos?
6. Am I making effort to market my blog?
7. Am I getting bogged down in research?
8. Is my blog design bad?
9. Is my blog easy to read?
10. Am I nice to my visitors?
**questions from Your word your voice
Thanks to all the friends who encourage me to join their memes LOL! and for the new friends I gained (e-friends). I hope to be here until blogger.com stops working :)
Posted by cherrylej at 11:38 PM